Not-for-profit organizations serve a valuable function in our community. At Cobb Ezekiel Loy & Company, P.A. we are committed to serving and assisting these organizations in operating in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
Confronted by economic, legislative, social, and technological twists and turns, your not-for-profit organization faces a maze of obstacles on the path to improved performance. Our Not-For-Profit professionals provide innovative ways to help you achieve your mission and goals.
Cobb Ezekiel Loy & Company, P.A. provides a full range of accounting, tax and consulting services to not-for-profit entities, including health and human services agencies, healthcare organizations, trade/professional associations, civic groups, educational and charitable organizations. We provide a range of services designed to meet the unique needs of not-for-profit organizations. We help a wide variety of organizations with audit and tax assistance, performance benchmarking, allocation plans and internal control systems — enabling them to find solutions to the challenges they face every day.
Our accounting and assurance services for not-for-profit entities include:
- Creation of budget systems for financial reporting and rate-setting purposes
- Preparation of vital documents, including Uniform Financial Reports (UFR) and related analyses
- Design of internal controls and auditing programs, operating procedures, and accounting systems
- Analysis of unrelated business income tax (UBIT) issues
- Communication between not-for-profits and funding agencies
- Technology services including computer hardware needs assessment, selection and service software evaluation, and training
- Analysis of mergers, acquisitions, and joint ventures
Not-for-Profit clients rely on our tax services for:
- Not-for-profit tax returns
- Establishing the entity as a private foundation in compliance with not-for-profit governing rules
- Applying for tax-exempt status with the IRS
- Registering with appropriate state attorney general’s offices
- Tax planning strategies and minimum distribution requirements
- Issues relating to the excise tax on net investment income
- Avoiding onerous excise (penalty) taxes
- Preparation of federal and state filings
- Handling all federal and state tax examinations
Let us help your not-for-profit organization discover the path to a more successful future. Contact Becky W. Loy, CPA for additional information.